The Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival is presented in Reston Town Center, Friday, May 17 – Sunday, May 19 from 10am – 5pm daily. The festival attracts art lovers, affluent homeowners, corporate executives, and design professionals in addition to the broader community. Our highly-anticipated cultural event draws up to 30,000 visitors and there is FREE garage parking all Festival weekend courtesy of Boston Properties. The Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival is the Greater Reston Art Center’s (GRACE’s) largest annual fundraiser.
The Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival as a long standing reputation for presenting high-quality work and with Festival Friday on May 17 expanding the Festival experience with a focus on the Reston workforce. Reston Town Center merchants will be offering unique Festival Friday deals, that day only. And, Festival programs will once again be available on-site with almost $200 worth of restaurant coupons for a $5 donation to GRACE; it will pay for itself over lunch!
Our Festival Party, made possible by The M Group Architects and The Counter Custom Burgers, will be held on Saturday night, and will celebrate the Festival artists with the announcement of the 2019 Awards of Excellence as selected by our judges and sponsored by Boston Properties. By making the Artist Awards the focus of the evening we will shine an even brighter spotlight on our participating artists. This unique event is by invitation only. Become a contributing supporter today to receive your complimentary invitation(s) and help #MakeArtHappen!
Last Year the evening included:
• Wine provided by Balducci’s Food Lovers Market | Reston.
• Beer from Blue Moon, provided by On Tap.
• Build your own burger or bowl at The Counter Custom Burger bar, courtesy of our Party Sponsor and Caterer, The Counter Custom Burgers.
• A premier selfie station from Get Snap’d to capture all of the night’s memories.
• Baltimore-based artist Laure Drogoul presented The Illuminated Fountain of Extinction, a living tableau of natural and post-natural creatures inspired by illuminated manuscripts. The performance is intended to raise environmental awareness and revel in the natural and maybe even the post-natural world and was generously supported by Reston Community Center.
The 2019 Festival will be better than ever, so stay tuned!
The Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival was named one of the top 50 of “America’s Best Art Fairs” in numerous annual competitions managed by ArtFairInsiders.com.
Video provided by H9 Interactive, 2016
Images courtesy of Don Renner